CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

12 January 2008

The last time...


There is a first time and a last time for everything. A beginning and an end. Usually we don't recognize the last time when we see it - but once in a while we have the gift of knowing and we can appreciate it fully.

This morning was the last time the 2007 version of our Christmas tree would greet me. I always feel so sad to see the large puddle of ornaments on the dining room table awaiting sorting and wrapping and safe storage until next year... I take my time and put everything away carefully so that next year (It is really only later this year though, isn't it?!?) the process of decorating will be easier. The me of today does this as a gift for the me of November...

Anyway - probably a bit sentimental for a day spent putting away holiday decorations, but I enjoyed the holidays this year for the first time in a VERY long time so it was indeed a day full of mixed emotions...

Looking forward to spring though - the first pysanky of the season is completed - about ten more to go... I will share pics at a later date...

Peace, my friends!

2 comments:

Frog said...

I have to be honest - our decorations came down last year!! I only kept our outside lights up until the 1st and then that was that... I also get the feeling the early December me is going to be cussing the late December dw for throwing everything in a box !! Looking forward to seeing your eggs!! (did that sound weird?)

Daisy said...

It wouldn't be you if it didn't sound weird, Froggy - LOL... We normally would have taken the tree down last weekend but we had out of town company and decided to leave it up for them. Usually we put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it down as close to right after New Years as is possible.