CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

22 February 2008

Snow Day Rhyming Chant

JUST under the wire with this one! Newly inspired by our cold good fortune today! Tricia at Miss Rumphius Effect asked us to write a rhyming chant this week...

Hmmmm - stumped I was until this morning... so here is my rhyming chant...

Snow Day

We got ourselves a snow day.
A cold-wind-doth-blow day.
A cheeks-all-aglow day.
A snowball to throw day.
Moving-snow-to-and-fro day.
Chocolate-chip-cookie-dough day.
A nowhere-else-to-go day.
HURRAY!
We got ourselves a snow day!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh sure, rub it in! I'm so wishing I had a snow day right now. I'd curl up and write poetry while sipping hot cocoa.

Great poem, by the way!

Mary Lee said...

We got a snow day today, too! (Ice, really.) Your chant is PERFECT!! It's all about receiving the right topic at the right time, isn't it?!?