CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

30 August 2008

Lost Socks - PSA


I decided to not do the metaphor thing. It was wildly tempting when I saw the prompt at Weekend Wordsmith this week. Decided to be silly instead...

Lost Socks. A Public Service Announcement

They are alone.
Mismatched,
Scared.
Unable to find their way back.

They are the lost socks.
Socks carelessly thrown into the washer without regard for the dangers awaiting socks in the wash:
Slipping under the agitator,
Falling behind an appliance,
Stuck to velcro - or worse... inside a pant leg not to be discovered for months to come.

Don't let this happen to YOUR socks.
Bag 'em up.
Stick them together.

Remember:
One thoughtless, callous act on your part
Can part your socks
Forever.

6 comments:

Saphira said...

that made me smile! hehehehe

Sandi said...

Actually, my theory has always been that the socks that go missing are renegades trying to escape. They've heard stories about "greener pastures" where all socks are equal and have unlimited rights. So they hide out in that t-shirt or in the top of the dryer waiting to make their move. Alas, most of them are captured and returned to the drawer.

BeckyR. said...

love it!!

MyMaracas said...

Silly is good. I love silly. Fun post!

Vicki

Evelyn said...

I needed a giggle! Thanks! :D

Anonymous said...

When I think of the number of socks I must have traumatised in my time...

Thanks for all your encouraging comments over on my blog by the way - they're much appreciated and I'm glad you're enjoying my posts!

I'll be back...