CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

15 August 2008

Work in Progress


Thought I would share with you my most recent project... I am working on a parade banner for the Karate School, William is my assistant of course! I don't know where I get these ideas in my head - but sometimes I just can see it in my head and basically - with no experience whatsoever, just will it into existence.

Have I mentioned recently how much I love felt? Felt is amazing! You can make almost anything out of felt - it is incredibly versatile and cheap and just fantastic. If you use a sewing machine to finish it actually has a bit of a high-end sort of appearance to it. My goal with THIS banner is to ensure it does not look home made.

Incidentally - the logo is designed to appear as handwriting. You will be able to tell that a bit more once the word "institute: is added under "karate" as well as the phone number. I am pleased with the project so far and am hoping that we can use it, if not at the Waterford Township Days in September - at least in the Halloween parade in October!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

I had a felt poodle skirt when I was in high school. Pink with a black poodle. I was stylin'.

Marvin said...

I like silk, myself. Or that smooth, smooth rayon or polyester, the shiny stuff. Ooooooh.